A little while ago, I gave up on Zsh. There were a number of people that showed me how I could have fixed up Zsh so it would suck less, but I just didn't have time. Well, I found myself with some time yesterday that couldn't be spent doing much useful, so I made the switch.
Here's what I did to make it useful:
unsetopt nomatch: I have no idea why this defaults to "on". It's useful about %0.00001 of the time and a pain in the bloody ass the other %99.99999 of the time.
bindkey -vinstead of the
vi-modeplugin: This is also odd. Most of what is needed (the prompt stuff) is pointless eye-candy and the
zle reset-promptis just an awful feature. You hit
ESC-\and it deletes the line above... which a lot of the time, carried data that you really wanted to read.
- Ported my directory stacking stuff to Zsh (just barely :D). I can't leave this feature behind... without it, running around the filesystem is a major drag.
My config can be found on GitHub if you're interested in having a look.